Petey! – Adopted
Hi my name is Petey and I am about 1.5 years old.
I came to SCGRR from a scary shelter. I was lucky to be scooped up, and now living in a foster home. I am a golden/lab mix and look like I have a heart shaped nose.
I have been enjoying my time with my foster family and a 10 year old German Shepherd. Although I take a small amount of time to warm up, I am grateful to have a pal to play with. My foster family was very patient and understood that even though I take a short time to warm up, I am a total love, and just want to spend time with my family. I sleep in a crate; although I would much rather snuggle close to you. My foster home has kitties, and I love to investigate, but have no problem getting along with them.
I am a typical teenager and need plenty of exercise and playtime. I am learning my leash manners, and getting better by the day. I love long walks, and am little cautious around other dogs, although I am fine with proper introductions. I am also learning my commands, and working on my house training. I’m mostly good, except I may sometimes need a reminder, as I’m such a busy boy. I love my toys, and happily carry around my best friend “Monkey” So, if you are looking for a Golden personality, size small, please consider me as an addition to your family.
What I would love from a forever family:
- A family that understands that I am still a puppy and will need to continue my training
- A yard because I have a lot of energy and love to hang outside in the sunshine
- A family that allows me to become part of the family
- An active family that will play with me, and take me for daily walks, runs and hikes
- A family that is willing is provide structure and discipline so that I continue to learn
If you are the family that I am looking for AND have had your In Home Interview with a SCGRR volunteer, please contact my rep at: firstname.lastname@example.org
At 1.5 years old, Petey’s minimum adoption donation is $600
Petey’s ID is 4102