Hello, my name is Groot! I’m an 11 week old Golden mix (probably Cocker Spaniel). I’m ridiculously handsome, super sweet and chill, and am looking for someone to love me. I LOVE being with my people…and I can climb out of any height x-pen (it’s the horizontal footholds that help) and enjoy seeing the surprise on my foster’s face when I do so.
I’m pretty smart and learned “sit” very easily but am working on “stay” and “leave it”. I haven’t had any accidents in the house recently, but I have a small bladder still and am still being potty trained. I’m still pretty young, so I like to be around a family member even if I’m just napping. I have spurts of energy and I still spend a bit of time sleeping. I will hear if you leave the room and will follow and continue my nap wherever you are. I also love flipflops, and my fosters have not figured out how to hide them from me yet. I’m teething, so I need lots of options for chewing right now. I also like rugs, couch corners, shoes I just need to be redirected and given bones and chew toys.
When guests come to the house, I don’t bark, and I’m excited with everyone I meet. I also love my foster brothers (and I think they started to like me, too….who wouldn’t, I am pretty cute after all).
I cry when I’m put in my crate, but I will settle down fairly quick and take a nap. I am pretty good at sleeping in my crate at night and I won’t wake you up! I’m not aggressive but I am very curious and may get distracted from my training if I see something fun on the ground. I’m great in the car, and just enjoy being anywhere you are!
My Ideal Home
I am pretty easy going and could live alone or with a pack mate….actually, I would LOVE a pack mate if possible. I was curious about my foster mom’s cat, so I could live with a cat if that cat were willing. I’d need someone to continue with my training, but I’m pretty smart so it shouldn’t be too hard! Very strong preference for a home with someone home most of the time, especially as I start to explore more and take less naps.
Want to Adopt me?
If you think you have what it takes, please send a detailed email about why you would be my ideal family to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is very important that you let us know the following when you apply
- Your experience with dogs and specifically puppies
- Your experience with training (potty training and general obedience)
- How we will be taken care of during the day
- Where we will stay if you have to go away for a couple of days and cannot take us
- What type of life we will have at your home, for example how much exercise we will get and what activities you are planning to take us on when we are a little older
- Who conducted your home interview
- That you have read and understood the note about vaccinations and neuter/spay and you will follow SCGRR’s protocol below
Preference to choosing an adopter will include your answers to the questions above as well as your application and home visit notes. We can only consider those applicants that have had their home visit by a SCGRR volunteer.
VERY IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE:
- I think I am best off with you from young age so we have lots of bonding time and get used to the animals, people and surroundings that are important to you. However, as I am still so young, I have not had all my shots yet and I am not yet neutered. If you adopt me, you will have to follow a very strict protocol on vaccinations and neuter provided by SCGRR. You will be given specific times for all of this, and you will need to provide proof (either from one of our partner vets or from a vet of your choice) that you followed this protocol in order to be able to keep me.
- We anticipate a lot of applications. If you have not submitted your online adoption application and if you have not had your home interview with one of the volunteers yet, please refrain from reaching out. We will only be considering those applicants who have had their home visit by a SCGRR volunteer. You can get the process started at Adopting a Rescue Golden – Southern California Golden Retriever Rescue (scgrrescue.org)